Grilling the perfect steak is no easy feat. Here are some tricks to look like a pro.
1. Choose the right steak. The quality of your steak can really make or break your final outcome. Check out our Steak Lovers Box to try some of the best options that are sure to set you up for success on the grill.
2. Bring your steak to room temperature. Many make the mistake of cooking their steak straight out of the fridge, but that won't result in an evenly-cooked end product. Set your steak out for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
3. Use the right seasonings. We have all the essential spices and seasoning blends for the perfect kick of flavour. Whether you're looking for a traditional steak seasoning or something a little different, we've got you covered.
4. Use a grill with two temp zones, one HOT. Use a high-heat area in the grill to sear the outside of the steak to start off, and then move your steak to a lower-temperature area to finish cooking the inside.
5. Don't be afraid to use a meat thermometer. It's the best way to make sure your steak is cooked to the temperature of your liking (see our temp guide below). Checking by hand is trickier than most think, and there's no shame in ensuring the proper temperature is achieved. Take the steak off the grill when it is 5-10 degrees below the target temperature. Then let it rest for 5-10 minutes, and it will redistribute the juices and come up in temperature!
Medium Rare: 130°F
Medium Well: 150°F
Well Done: 160+°F